Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tree Reflections 2 -Process Video

under-painting

painting in process

Tree Reflections 2, oil/canvas 11x14 inches
This is the last video (for now)  in my landscape series.  These videos are part of my Master's thesis research in Art Education at Concordia University.  My research topic centres on tacit knowledge, or how a painter can learn to articulate  and verbalise and experience gained through practice.   The ability to do this, in my opinion, is a fundamental element to developing a teaching practice for the visual arts studio.  It has been a wonderful experience making and sharing these videos with my students and anyone else interested in looking at them.  I will be taking a bit of a break for now so that I can finally write my thesis and finish my degree.

You can see the video in high definition at You Tube:


1 comment:

  1. You video is very good! You explain very well. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete